Rossville Middle School
Ensuring all students graduate:
Ready for College
Ready for Work
Ready for Life
We will always post information on any updates regarding a confirmed case for COVID at RMS.
Please read the attached document regarding information we received this morning. Thank you!
DIGITAL LEARNING PLAN & PARENT INFO FOR RMS DIGITAL LEARNERS:
1. Students should log into each class day at a specific time based on their schedule… just as they attend each class at a specific time while they are at school.
2. Students have 4 core classes (math, ELA, science, SS) which last approximately 70 minutes each.
+ Teachers have assignments posted for all students in google classroom.
+ Teachers post resources for students to use while completing those assignments.
+ Teachers may connect with digital learners by using videos, live streaming, or chat features.
+ Teachers may also connect with digital learners using the google classroom teacher editing features. This feature allows teachers to provide feedback to learners as they are working on their assignments in google classroom.
+ Teachers will reach out to digital learners during their instructional blocks for at least 15 minutes.
3. Teachers will reach out to students (and/or parents) during their extended planning times. This schedule gives teachers an additional 30 minutes to make contact with students or parents outside of their scheduled instructional blocks.
4. All students complete Reading Plus Reading online reading practice assignment between 2:45-3:15pm. This also gives teachers and digital learners one more opportunity to connect before the end of the school day.
5. All digital learners have a 30 minute lunch break and a 30 minute connection block assignment embedded within their schedule.
Hopefully our internet issues will come to an end this week so that we can communicate and work together with our digital learners.
Thank you for being patient with us last week.
NEWS AND INFORMATION
2020-2021 School Calendar
Dear Rossville Middle Parents,
Distance Learning Continues for the Remainder of the School Year!
Please encourage your children to do the online assignments or the hard copy learning packet assignments each week. Students who complete these assignments will be in much better shape when we can return to school in the fall.
Teachers are available for student questions and additional support on Monday through Wednesdays from 10am – 2pm. Thursdays are for remediation, enrichment, or progress monitoring. Fridays are for makeup work help and intentional wellness… have some fun on Fridays and enjoy some family time.
Teachers are also available for parent questions and support for at least one hour each evening between 5pm-8pm Monday – Thursday. Please email or Dojo message your child’s teachers if you have questions or need assistance.
Paper Learning Packets Pick-Up:
Learning packets will be available for students who cannot access online learning at this time. Parents can pick up packets most days at RMS between 10am – 2pm. Please remain in your car and pull up to the front door.
We will not be able to distribute any electronic devices until after April 13th… and possibly even later depending on other factors. I will keep you updated on the details of this possibility in the near future.
Retrieving items from within the building May 1st:
We realize that many students have items in their lockers or elsewhere in the building that they will need to pick up soon. We will plan to provide each grade level a specific time and date to pick up those items on May 1st. We cannot allow very many people in the building at one time… so a designated time frame and social distancing guidelines will have to be followed. We will make sure every student has multiple opportunities to retrieve any items that are still in the building.
Jason Pelham – RMS Principal